Thursday, August 23, 2012

MMM...

Adopting from a different country involves embracing a different culture. In the years to come before we travel to meet our child, we plan to fill out minds with Thai history, celebrated holidays and language.  Though, as of now, we have stuck to filling our stomachs with Thai food.  I was be the first to admit (and virtually all sources can confirm) that I am an unadventurous eater.  Regardless, husband and I tried our first Thai restaurant a few months ago...and by golly, "Mikey likes it!".  We've eaten at a few other Thai restaurants since and last night we decided to try some Thai cooking of our own.  We made Pad Thai.....a combo of rice noodles, special sauce, chicken, bean sprouts and egg.  All in all, it was a pretty good dish.....and most importantly, the KIDS ATE IT.  They did their usual sneering, inspecting and pronoucement of "yucky" as they do when introduced to something new.....and before #1 took his first bite, he said, "Is the chicken at least American?"....then down the hatch with statements such as "This is actually good" and "I like the white stringly things".  I will consider this a success!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading this. Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading too! I am still having trouble 'subscribing' so I can see when you update, so I just keep checking. You guys are going to be the best thing for the kiddo who gets to join your family! I am so excited for you guys...and I can just hear Harrison saying the stuff you quote him on!

    ReplyDelete