Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Progress....

I've talked with a couple of friends this past week who have tactfully reminded me that our blog is a little scant on new information so here we go.....

I think I've mentioned that referrals come quarterly.......March, June, September, December.  The June referrals were very delayed....we're talkin' end of July.  There were five little kiddos referred for adoption bringing our wait list number to four.  Four. That's FOUR,  people!  Wow how we've progressed on this list! 

It is now October and the September referrals have not been announced.  I called our agency today to ask about the delay and they said that Thailand has yet to send them the names and profiles of the children available for adoption.  So, it's back to the waiting game.  From the start, we were told that waiting would be a challenging part of this process.  I can assure you it is. 

There is a possibility we could receive a referral in this next referral group.  Our agency puts careful thought into which families would best meet the needs of the children they have been asked to place with US families.  So, although I put a lot of stock into this precious number we are on the wait list, an appropriate match means more to our agency then our wait list number....as it should!  If our little sweetie is not part of this upcoming referral group, I'm fairly sure we'll know who she is in December. 

Keep reading (and I'll keep updating)!

No comments:

Post a Comment